Monday 1 July 2013

This is the end Movie Review

 
 
This is the end is a comedy starring Seth Rogan, Jonah Hill, James Franco, Danny McBride, Craig Robinson, Jay Buruchel  and a whole load of cameo appearances from various other celebrities {whom i will not spoil for you} and they are essentially playing themselves. A more exaggerated version of themselves, but themselves none the less. The film starts out with Seth Rogan and Jay Buruchel heading to a party at James Franco's house where they act how they do in most of their films, Seth gets high, Jonah's drunk, James Franco is over the top and crazy, then all of a sudden the world goes to hell, literally. Giant holes in the ground start appearing and swallow up people, buildings are on fire, all signs point to an "end of days" fate for our actor heroes. People are also being engulfed by a bright blue light that takes them to heaven, so they barricade themselves in Franco's house and together they must survive the apocalypse. Now I'm just going to say right now that this in my opinion is one of the funniest films I've seen in a couple of years, this film is hilarious!
 
The actors play actors and how they are perceived in their films and I found it very, very funny. There is also a lot of times where they take jabs at each others' less successful films and there's a lot of film reference humour in this film that I particularly enjoyed. The chemistry between the cast and indeed with the various cameo actors/actresses is genuine too and they act like a huge group of friends for the most part.
 
I will warn anyone though who maybe is not a huge fan of Seth Rogan style comedy, the more drug related jokes and sexual innuendoes may not get what they want with this film as its more of the same here. I however, don't mind that kind of humour so it didn't bother me, except a few times where they seem to stretch a joke out too long but that only happens maybe twice in the entire film.
 
The film was never dull in my opinion and whilst the CGI was average at best when the "monsters" are shown attacking people, it did its job well and doesn't take you out of the film. There is so much to laugh at in this film that I'm finding it very hard to keep this spoiler free! It's not always my style on these reviews to tell you to go and see a film, because the choice is evidently yours to make, however I would highly, highly recommend this comedy, especially if you want to see a ton of film references, great and funny cameos, a decent story and just a good comedy then I would say go and see this as soon as you can!
 
I will say though, there is a MAJOR cameo at the very end of the film that I loved! {and any 90s child will enjoy as well!}
 
My rating - 9/10
 
Positives - {where to start?!} The main cast, the cameos, very funny, good to see actors playing themselves, decent CGI, just a very fun film!
 
Negatives - Too many male sexual references at times, CGI could have been better, if you're not a fan of gross humour you may not enjoy it
 
Thanks again for reading this review everyone I am sorry I can't go into much more detail but I would be giving away the cameos and I think you will enjoy them better if you weren't aware who was in it. Unless of course you guys want me to do a spoiler review of the film if so leave a comment below!
 
If you like this review I have many more in the side bar if you want to see more of my material. Also, if you want to you can share this review and blog to your friends, or any other blog sites that would be appreciated! Also, +1 this on Google+, follow me on Twitter @MAARRAMD, leave a comment below let me know what you thought of This is the end, did you enjoy it? Which particular cameo was your favourite?
 
Thanks again everyone I appreciate every view and every bit of feedback! My next review will be of one of the favourite games, Resident Evil 5, but that is not before I review World War Z starring Brad Pitt which will be uploaded on Wednesday.
 
Take care :]
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment